The Lenovo Twist is a great Ultrabook convertible. Keyboard, ports, screen and Wi-Fi are all good quality and the twist screen is one of the easiest single-unit convertible designs to work with. There’s an offer at Amazon today for our US readers. $780 buys you a Core i5 version with 500GB HDD. Don’t forget that you can pop out that HDD and drop in a 7mm SSD without having to take the back off. I did it when I reviewed the Lenovo Twist recently. It flew! (Note, I’m testing a MyDigitalDIscount BP4 Slim SSD right now. It’s looking good)
The Mini display port will interest many as will the full SD card slot. The only specification I would ask you to pay atention to is the 42Wh battery which will give you about 4hrs of web activity.
- Battery Capacity: 42Wh
- Hybrid HDD: Hitachi HTS725050AE7E630 (500GB 7200RPM) + Samsung MZMPA024HMCD 24GB SSD. HDD is easily removable – 7mm height.
- Weight: 1555gm / 54.8 oz. (measured)
- Ports: DC-in, Line-out / Headphone (3.5mm), DisplayPort (Mini), SDHC Card Slot, USB3.0 x2, Mini HDMI, Ethernet
- Wireless: Intel Centrino N2230, Bluetooth 4.0.
- Security: TPM Module. Intel Anti-Theft
- Other features: TrackPoint, Glossy Screen, Array microphone, Multitouch Touchpad, Stereo speakers with Dolby Processing, rubberised casing, ambient light sensor, HD active protection, robust construction with Gorilla Glass.
- Unofficial: Evidence of accelerometer, e-compass, gyrometer.